Lamperd Training Incorporated
Learn Control Defensive Tactics. Learn to make Arrests and perform take downs. Learn resistance reduction tactics and strategies. Learn placement and position. Learn team tactics. Learn handcuffing and restraint techniques. Learn to be effective. Learn to succeed. Learn from the best. Learn from Lamperd Training.
Lamperd Training instructors recognise that you are an individual and will train you in tactics that work for you, your size, your height, your fitness level. Lamperd Training teaches its students how to think their way through a problem and apply the best stratagem to the problem at hand. Lamperd Training recognises that one size does not fit all and utilizes principle based training to impart skill sets and knowledge to its students in an effective and efficient manner.
Why choose Lamperd Training?
There are many credible trainers out there from many training disciplines and backgrounds and differing levels of expertise. However Lamperd is a leader in the field of Research and Development specific to Use of Force training and application. While others may train in a program we are manufacturers of training programs. We truly are the Canadian force experts and have been for forty years. All Lamperd Training instructors come from Military, Police and Security training backgrounds
Does the training meet provincial standards?
Lamperd Training meets and exceeds all known training requirements for the private sector including the Canadian General Standards Board Security officer and Security Officer Supervisors standard CAN/CGSB 133.1-2008
What do I get from the course?
In addition to knowledge and skill sets held in high esteem by potential employers each student will receive a user’s reference guide detailing the theory covered off in the course, including a pictorial reference guide showing step by step methodology for the physical training.
Lamperd less Lethal Inc. engages in the development and manufacture of civil defense equipment. Its flagship product portfolio includes less lethal handgun called the Defender 1, which is capable of delivering a knock down round up to 40 feet away; and can also fire pepper rounds, distraction rounds, marking rounds, and training rounds. The company’s flagship products also comprise the 50cal. less lethal upper conversion, which can change the lethal Military AR 15 to a less lethal 50cal.in less than 30 seconds. In addition, it manufactures approximately 250 other law enforcement products. Further, the company supplies training and accessories for the police, military, private security, and corrections markets. It markets its products to military forces and law enforcement organizations in Canada and the United States through a network of distributors. Lamperd less Lethal, Inc. was incorporated in 2001 and is based in Sarnia, Canada.
The company has been assigned a NATO Commercial and Government Entity (NCAGE) Code, which enables it to sell military supplies to any NATO member country, and a federal Business Firearms License, which allows for the manufacture, repair, storage, import, export and sale of virtually any manner of firearms and ammunition. Lamperd is one of only a very few manufacturers of less-lethal munitions in the world to receive these approvals. As a result of receiving this high level accreditation, the company has the opportunity to significantly increase sales through access to the NATO market.
Since 1969, the founders of Lamperd Less Lethal have manufactured a wide range of police and military products including mobile command posts and military vehicle applications.
In 1990, Lamperd Less Lethal put all its resources into research and development of technologies that would meet today's police and military demand. With over 250 products carefully researched and developed today, Lamperd Less Lethal is ranked as one of North America's leaders in manufacturing less lethal products and in offering the best tactical training programs for public law enforcement and private security personnel.
Lamperd instructors have area specific knowledge including
- Voting member of the Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB) Security Officer and Security Officer Supervisor standard, Use of force subcommittee since 2004. The Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB) is a federal government organization that offers client-centred, comprehensive standards development and conformity assessment services in support of the economic, regulatory, procurement, health, safety and environmental interests of our stakeholders — government, industry and consumers. CAN/CGSB‑133.1-2008
- Spoke before the Standing Committee on Justice Policy Wednesday 14 September 2005 with respect to Use of force training and qualifications and the new security guard legislation, Bill 159
- Lamperd Instructors were approached by the CFO with respect to instructor qualifications for the Armoured car industry’s transition from revolver to semi automatic pistol 2006-2007
- Lamperd instructors were invited to attend the Ontario Security industry forum on Mandatory Use of Force Training Saturday March 10, 2007 Osgoode Hall Law School
- Lamperd instructors were invited to speak before provincial parliament on Monday November 23rd 2009 Standing Committee on Social policy with respect to Occupational Health and Safety Amendment Act (Violence and Harassment in the Workplace), 2009 and in particular to training and safety issues specific to security guards.
- Lamperd instructors were interviewed by Canadian Occupational Safety Magazine with respect to Bill 168 (workplace violence) and security guards as a vulnerable sector requiring better training and equipment. The article was published Tuesday February 16, 2010
After many years of observing and actively involving ourselves in the guidance and direction of the private security industry Lamperd Training Incorporated is pleased to offer it’s thoroughly researched and developed Use of force training programs to the private sector.